Friday, July 6, 2007

Jackson's bedroom

This is the bedroom that Lincoln painted when I was pregnant with Jackson. The coloring looks kind of weird in this picture...but you get the idea. I saw a picture in a magazine of the vertical stripes and wanted to try it. I LOVE it! We still call it Jackson's room, even though we took his clothes and other stuff out of it. I told Linc that even if we have a girl next, I am keeping the room the way it is and just adding pink accents to it. :) I love going into Jackson's room and being reminded of the excitement we felt getting ready for him to come. While it makes me sad, they are great memories.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Anjane, this is such a sweet blog. It must be so therapeutic for you! I have a friend who lost her baby and I'm going to suggest that she try something like this. It's so neat.

kh said...

I am just a random blog surfer than somehow led me here, which now I am so glad I did.

Today marks the 6 year anniversary since my first baby, a boy, died. Though it is still so very hard for me, I have learned that it does take time to allow yourself the room to grieve. It hasn't even been a year for you yet, and though the circumstances of our babies dying is different, their loss is still the same.

Had I known about blogging and the theraputic effects, I too would have done something similar to this. What a respect you have for him and his memory.

Remember, he is in heaven working hard as missionary, delighting those around him, as he was too precious and too special for this world. How thankful we are for eternal families.

If you don't mind, I would love to borrow the poem you have posted. I am leaving a tribute to my son and would love to add it.

I will think of you in your time of loss, and hope that in time you will find peace.

Thank you for the opportunity to read about you and your love for your son.

Bekah: said...

I love the little things that remind me everday of my Dad. This week marks the 10 year anniversary of his death. And its sad to think of all that He hasn't been here for. I am glad that you will have these special things to look back on in the years to come. I think His memory will always be an anchor for you to strive to keep an eternal perspective. So much was taken, yet so much is given. I love you guys and I am so amazed at how you have handled this!