Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Messages for Jackson

My dear friend Rebeca, who also had a stillborn baby named Dylan, took balloons to her son's grave on his first birthday. Her & her husband & two kids sent cupcakes and letters "up to heaven" to Dylan. So Lincoln & I decided to send letters "up to heaven" to Jackson as well. My parents, Lincoln & I, and my sister Megan each wrote something. Megan's letter was so sweet. She is truly aware of Jackson being her nephew & the part that he plays in her life. It is so touching for me, as a mother, to see that. Letting go of the balloon with messages to Jackson will be a tradition that Lincoln & I carry on every year with our future children. I really want them to know that they have a brother in heaven waiting for them.


1 comment:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Anjane,
I know we've kinda talked about Jackson and the things you went through being pregnant with him,
but I really want to say that this is beautiful.
Your traditions you have for him are wonderful and so full of families being together forever.
It really is a wonderful thing.
I am sorry for your loss as a mother, you have really shown me how to be brave. It definitely wasn't easy for you, and I'm thankful you are sharing your hopes and love of him with those around you.
I hope to become better friends with you.
You truly are an extraordinary person.
With a beautiful smile.
Let me know if there is ANYthing Jordan or I can do please.
You and Lincoln are awesome people, and I'm so thankful for such wonderful neighbors.
I hope you're feeling ok, and if not, wanna borrow a movie? :]
Or I'll come play trash, golf, or legretto with you!