Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easter 2011

I realize that I'm extremely sporadic when updating Jackson's blog. Since it's been almost a year & a half since I've updated, I thought it was time!

Written in April 2011:
Last week I started thinking about Jackson a lot and talking about him more often than I usually do. I know that Jackson is where he is supposed to be, & that he is happy & safe. I do wish that I could see him and talk to him though. I just don't know how to be a mother and not feel a void when one of my children is missing from everything that we do. With that being said, I am SO, SO thankful to have the knowledge that I will see him again and that he IS a part of our family, even though he isn't here with us. I love Jackson so much & feel incredibly privileged to be his mother.

I was talking to my friend Lindy a few days ago, and found out that she was in Snowflake visiting her parents. I decided to ask her to go to the cemetery when she was able to, to put a few flowers on Jackson's grave. I've never asked anyone to do that for me, but this is the longest I've gone without being able to go to the cemetery myself, and I won't be able to go for 2 1/2 more months. 

The next day I received these pictures in my inbox from Lindy...
Lindy's daughter Brooklyn is the same age as Jackson would be. This picture made me smile so big. I'd like to think that Brooklyn & Jackson were friends before.
Lindy offered to go to the cemetery again the next day and put a little note on Jackson's grave from us. I tried to find a cute quote & background, but realized that a little note from the heart was better than anything...
It says "Happy Easter Jackson! We love you and are so excited to see you again someday. Love, Mom, Dad & Kylee."

I hope that everyone who went through Jackson's death with us knows how much we appreciate their support & love. I am so thankful to have a friend like Lindy who has so much compassion and understanding. The Easter bouquet that she (& her mom) put together for Jackson is beautiful and the little Easter sign that they made is so sweet. This was one of the best gifts I've ever been given. Thanks so much Lindy!

No comments: